COVID SAFETY POLICY
We are looking forward to holding Up & Coming 2022 in person and appreciate your contribution to making the experience as safe as possible. All registrants must agree to comply with Up & Coming’s COVID Policy and state and county regulations as they develop.
The Up & Coming Planning Team is actively monitoring and following the COVID-19 recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We are in contact with event conference sites and local public health officials about proactive measures being taken to protect you. As more information becomes available, we will update this page so you can make an informed decision about attending Up & Coming 2022 in person.
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend Up & Coming 2022?
The Up & Coming Planning Team does not require that participants be vaccinated to participate in the conference events.
However, we strongly recommend all participants be fully vaccinated with a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized vaccine (Modern, Pfizer, or Johnson and Johnson) or World Health Organization (WHO)-approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to attending Up & Coming 2022.
If you are unvaccinated, you are still able to attend Up & Coming 2022 in person, however, we ask that you test prior to the conference. For your safety and the safety of our community, we strongly encourage you to follow all FDA and CDC guidelines.
Where can I get vaccinated?
Text your ZIP code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233 to find vaccine locations near you in the United States.
Will I have to wear a mask at Up & Coming 2022?
The Dane County (home to Madison) mask mandate expired March 1st, however, private businesses may still decide to require masks for all customers. Federal transportation mandates have expired and masks are optional on Metro Transit buses and facilities as of April 19, 2022. Click HERE to review Madison’s Covid 19 travel updates and FAQs.
The hotel and the conference will provide masks if requested. Hand sanitizer will be available in all meeting rooms, the main ballroom and the common areas. We’ll have wrist bands – red, yellow, green – at the registration table for pickup so you will know (visually) each attendee’s comfort level when interacting with each other:
Green: handshakes and hugs approved
Yellow: elbows only
Red: greet from 6 feet only
The Up & Coming Planning Team will continue to review Dane County’s masking policy and update you with any changes.
How will meals be different than in previous years?
To facilitate social distancing during meals we will reduce the number of chairs at each table inside the main hall and offer outdoor seating. There will be a modified approach to buffets based on COVID safety policies.
What other measures will you be implementing at the conference to reduce the spread of Covid-19?
- The conference hotel will have signage throughout to remind guest to maintain social distancing and seating capacity reduction
- Outdoor seating space will be available for breaks, meals, and networking
- The conference hotel will increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfection, particularly in areas with high traffic including restrooms and elevators; will provide more hand sanitizing stations; and utilize enhanced technologies, including electrostatic sprayers with hospital-grade disinfectants
- Staff members at the conference hotel will wear Personal Protective Equipment (e.g., face coverings, gloves, etc.) based on the activities they are performing and directions from the local authorities
- In-room coffee makers are not currently available, except upon request. Disinfectant wipes are available in all rooms for arriving guests as well as upon request
- The conference hotel will only provide daily housekeeping refresh service upon request
- The conference hotel amenities such as the fitness center and indoor pool will operate at reduced capacity
- The conference hotel will reduce contact at check in and check out through touchless transactions, front desk screens, sanitizer stations, sanitized keycards, and paperless check-out
- The conference hotel provides mobile check-in and mobile key through the Marriott Bonvoy app for contactless check-in and checkout
- See the conference hotel’s complete list of protocols by clicking HERE
What is your refund policy in case I become ill with Covid-19?
If you become ill with Covid-19 after April 28, 2022, we will fully refund your conference registration minus an administration processing fee of $25.
Can I get a refund on lodging if I become ill with Covid-19?
The Sheraton Madison handles all lodging refund requests. Their policy states that they must receive cancellation 72 hours prior to arrival date. Rooms cancelled within 72 hours of arrival will incur a cancellation fee.
What happens if Covid cases rise? Will you have to go online? Conversely, what happens if the pandemic eases? Will you release your restrictions?
We will continue to monitor the pandemic, state and county laws, and communicate with public health officials about the appropriate measures. Any changes will be communicated to our community and registered attendees as soon as possible.
How do I best protect myself while at the conference?
Maintain a healthy distance when possible. Wear your mask except while eating or drinking or in your sleeping room. Get tested to make sure you’re not spreading the virus to others. If everyone does so, we will protect each other. Please wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitizer frequently.
What should I do if I feel sick?
If you have a fever, cough, or other symptoms, please stay home and take steps to care for yourself and to help protect other people in your home and community.
While the conference organizers are taking these measures to minimize risk, we will be relying on participants and their travel groups to behave responsibly. As such, conference organizers cannot guarantee the safety of participants, and participants should understand that they are assuming risk by attending Up & Coming 2022. Participants who repeatedly or egregiously violate the conference’s safety protocols will be asked to leave and will not receive a refund.